CONNECT WITH US THROUGH THE FOLLOWING EVENTS
holiday GIFT DRIVE
For over two decades, we, at Heart of Los Angeles, have come together as a community to do what we can to brighten the holidays for children and families with our holiday gift drive. Each year, our students write a "Letter to Santa" explaining a little about themselves and what would make the holidays bright for their families. We read each and every one of the hundreds of letters that are written and put together an Amazon Wish List.
This #GivingTuesday consider making an in-kind donation by purchasing a holiday gift for a student. Add one extra item to your shopping cart. It will make a huge difference this holiday season.
Fall MUSIC concert
The HOLA Music Program will host a Fall Concert where the community and families come together to see students perform live in various ensembles such as orchestra, symphonic wind ensemble, chamber group, jazz, and rock band.
We are looking for about 40 total volunteers on Thursday, December 6:
1) 15 people who would be willing to set up stands, mats, and carry equipment from 10 am - 12 pm
2) 4 people who would be willing to act as ushers and crowd control during the concert 6 pm - 7:30 pm
3) 15 people who would be willing to help break down and clean up after the concert from 7:30 pm - 8 pm
All volunteers are also welcome to attend the Fall concert from 6:00pm -7:30 pm if they would like. Please contact HOLA’s Volunteer Coordinator, Alyshia Gonzalez, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HARD HAT HAPPY HOURS
HOLA will be hosting a series of tours of our new building’s construction site. If you are interested in a hard-hat tour of the new facilities, please email our Chief Development Officer, Brooke Lykins, at email@example.com.
Alumni Winter reunion
Each year, HOLA hosts our annual Alumni Winter Reunion where we gather our alumni who are persisting in colleges and careers across the nation and we bring them together for time to reconnect with their peers and build their professional identities. This year’s theme is “Building Your Brand: Getting Ready for Young Professional Life.” Students will attend professional development workshops and will work with volunteers to fine tune their (elevator) pitch and refine the soft skills that are critical to success as a young professional.
We are looking for a total of 28 volunteers on Sunday, December 16:
1) 10 for set up in the morning from 8 am - 9:30 pm
2) 10 for break down after the event fro 3:30 pm - 4:45 am
3) 3 volunteers who would be willing to be runners throughout the day
4) 2 photographers: one would be taking photos of the event throughout the day and one would take professional headshots of our students.
Please contact HOLA’s Volunteer Coordinator, Alyshia Gonzalez, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.