HOLA Bridges is an academic and enrichment program for middle school students. Each year, the program serves almost 80 sixth, seventh and eighth grade students. In addition to providing dedicated tutors who provide math, science and language arts help, HOLA Bridges students participate in a variety of activities, including music and dance instruction, sports leagues, college tours, digital media, photography, conflict resolution and science clubs.
Summer | We accept online applications during the month of May each year.
Academic Year August - June | We accept applications during the month of July.
- Improved academic performance
- Increased confidence in self-expression
- Ability to work well on a team
- Improved attitude/behavior
- Development of leadership skills
- Increased sense of commitment and responsibility
- Increased awareness of the advantages to going to college
Monday - Thursday: 4:15pm - 6:30pm (Mandatory)
Friday: 3:00pm - 5:30pm (Optional)
Language arts & math classes, art, sports, field trips, college visits, homework support, tutoring, enrichment clubs and more.
Please click to see Items
+ WISH LIST
- Weekly/Monthly planners
- Glue sticks
- White out
- Lead; for lead pencils
- Index cards
- Graphing paper
- Lined paper
- Construction paper
- Composition notebooks
- White-board eraser
- White Board Markers
- Gift cards (target, staples, AMC, yogurtland)
+ How do I apply?
Please check enrollment dates. Applications can be filled online or in person at HOLA. There are two enrollment periods. There is one for summer programming and another for the full academic school year. Applications do not coincide and are independent of one another.
+ Do I need to live near HOLA?
No, but please take into consideration distance and time from school or home to HOLA, as it’s important to be on time.
+ When I apply is there any documents you need?
We ask that you turn in your child’s most recent report card and most recent CELDT and/or CAASPP Student Reports.
+ Do you provide a snack or late lunch?
HOLA has a healthy snack shack where students are allowed to purchase snacks. Students are allowed to bring their own snacks as well. We have a strict NO junk food policy. On Thursdays, we offer a free sandwich table.
If you cannot find an answer to a questions, please contact us.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH
John Burroughs Middle School
1) Shelly is a positive influence on her fellow 6th graders.
2) Shelly is prepared every day for each of her HOLA classes.
3) Shelly has exemplified the HOLA core values by including others, not just her friends, during social activities.
“I like HOLA because they are always there for you and they try to help you as much as possible. HOLA has helped me the most by not being scared for who I am and just letting me be me.”